Hopping on the “golden milk” trend and couldn’t be happier about it!
I know it sounds crazy, but it’s SO good and so good for you!
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil or MCT oil
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- stevia to taste (I prefer stevia drops)
- Heat milk of choice to boil
- Add spices, coconut oil, and sweetener
- Blend until frothy
- Re-warm if needed & ENJOY!
The spices in golden milk have so many benefits including anti-inflammation, anti-oxidants, increased ability to absorb and digest glucose to name a few. Make sure you add the coconut oil or use a full fat coconut milk as the base of your golden milk and don’t skimp on the black pepper as both ingredients enable your body to absorb the curcumin in the turmeric which is the most beneficial ingredient in the golden milk!
Calories: *using 1 cup sugar free cashew milk, not allocating for spices*
68 calories (7 fat, 1 g carb)
Let me know if you try it!