Cauliflower Chocolate Pudding Recipe
I know it sounds crazy, but don’t knock it til you try it!
This is a great fat-free, low carb, high volume, sweet treat recipe that is completely diet-friendly no matter WHAT type of program you’re on.
Not to mention it’s so quick, so easy, and only requires 3 ingredients!
I love cauliflower because it is SO versatile and great savory or sweet.
This started off as a cauliflower puree meant as a mashed potato replacement, but I was feeling crazy so decided to go sweet instead and the result couldn’t have been better!
- Cocoa Powder
- 0 calorie sweetener of choice (I used Splenda)
- Optional: 0 calorie syrup, sugar-free chocolate chips, nut butter
- Steam cauliflower: if you’re using a whole cauliflower head chop into florets (the smaller they are the faster they cook), throw into a microwaveable dish with a splash of water and microwave until fork tender (you want it very soft and can’t really “over” do it, about 5 mins per 1/2 head) or if your grocery store carries “cauliettes” or “riced cauliflower” you can microwave these in the bag, OR purchase frozen cauliflower to microwave until soft
- Blend cauliflower into puree- add to blender (I prefer my bullet sized blender for this, I find it gives the smoothest texture) with a bit of liquid, adjust liquid as needed based on quantity of puree you want- start with 1-2 tbsp and add as needed. For liquid you can use water, sugar-free almond or cashew milk (or coconut/higher fat milk if you choose), or even liquid egg whites (just make sure the cauliflower has cooled down first or you’ll have a scrambled mess)
- Puree until smooth
- Add cocoa powder- I use 2 tbsp for a 1/2 head pureed (the serving size pictured)
- Add sweetener to taste and top with your favorites!
This is great warm or cold- you can add protein powder for a thicker more pudding like consistency, casein protein is a great addition as it creates a thicker texture- try adding a bit of casein or egg whites and microwaving for a “baked” pudding texture!
Simple, Satisfying, & Guilt-Free 🙂
based on 1/2 head cauliflower (200 g) + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
71 calories (5 g net carb (14 c, 9 fiber), 6 g protein, 3 g fat) before toppings
For calorie free toppings add Walden Farms syrup & a pinch of salt!