If you follow me on Instagram (and if you’re not, you should be @ifbbprokyfit) you might have seen this beautiful creation I posted the other day- a sneak peak of my “Low-Carb Lemon Cheesecake Pancake” that will be included in my upcoming recipe book (stay tuned!)
I promised that in my October newsletter I would share the recipe with you and I (almost) always follow through on a promise, so here it is! 😉
Low-Carb Lemon Cheesecake Pancake Recipe (complete with sugar-free cream cheese icing!)
- 1/2 cup (126 g) liquid egg whites or 4 egg whites
- 5 g psyllium husk (I get mine at Bulk Barn!)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 0 calorie sweetener of your choice (I use Splenda)
- lemon juice
- 95% fat-free cream cheese (or cream cheese of your choice, adjust macros accordingly)
- Optional: vanilla, cinnamon
For the pancake
- Mix egg whites, psyllium husk, baking powder, and salt until combined (whisk well)
- Add 0 calorie sweetener and lemon juice to your liking (I use abut 1/4 cup of Splenda, which is a lot and about 1/4 tsp lemon juice)- at this point add vanilla/cinnamon as you like
- In a non-stick pan (recommended to spray with cooking oil), cook the pancake with the lid on- when top becomes firm enough and the bottom is cooked through, flip
- Cook for another minute uncovered until cooked through
For sugar-free cream cheese icing
Mix cream cheese with the smallest dash of vanilla, a squirt of lemon juice, and sweeten to your liking with 0 calorie sweetener- that’s it! It tastes JUST like regular cream cheese frosting
Top your cooked pancake with your sugar-free cream cheese icing, optional lemon zest/a skirt of lemon juice, cinnamon, and 0 calorie syrup.
You will NOT be disappointed!
This will blow your MIND
With 1 tbsp cream cheese icing using 95% fat-free cream cheese
-16 g protein
-5 g carb (3 of which come from fiber, so 2 net carb)
-1 g fat
AND IT TASTES/FEELS LIKE A REAL PANCAKE!
If you love this recipe as much as I do please share it with your friends, tag me in your creations, and come back to check out the cook book when it’s available!
XOXO, KY FIT